Mount Kelud Kediri, Blitar is one of an active volcano in Java Island Indonesia. it has an levation 1,731 m (5.679 ft), located between Kediri, Belitar and Malang Subdistrict. about 40 km, 45 Minutes from Kediri City. Kelud is a volcano. Breezes of fresh air and charming scenery make this area interesting for ecotourism, adventuring, and health purposes. Here we can enjoy the shady cool plantation, an area for rock climbing, jogging, cross country, and camping ground, a channel to the crater through the mountain, sulfur lake down the mountain volcanology information service, and entertainment performances on weekends / holidays.
Mouunt Kelud located between Kediri, Blitar and closed to Malang city Kelud volcano can reached from Surabaya Airport, Malang, Banyuwangi and Bali Island, If you are intersteed to make holiday to Kelud volcano, you can ask the best time to visit and other necessaries to Our partner.
The historical places in mount Kelud:
- Ampera tunnel 110 m comes out at the Gajah Mungkur top was built in 1940 by Japanese; the function is to drain the lava.
- The cauldron of Mount Kelud that is believed by society can make peaceful and prosperity.
- The top of Sumbing, which was the characteristic of slope rocks structure with 90 % declining, used as medium for wall climbing.
- The observation posts of mount Kelud.
- The ritual ceremony of Larung Sesaji in cauldron of Mount Kelud is held every September.
Mount Kelud Eruption Activity
Since the 15th century, Kelut has claimed more than 15,000 lives. The volcanic eruption in 1586 claimed the lives of more than 10,000 inhabitants. A system to divert the lava flow has been made extensively in 1926 and still functioning until now after the eruption in 1919 claimed thousands of lives due to cold lava flood swept settlements population. In the 20th century, Kelud eruption recorded in 1901, 1919 (May 1), 1951, 1966 and 1990 In 2007 the mountain was again increased its activity. This pattern brings experts volcano on 15 years cycle for this eruption.
Mount Kelud activity increased in late September 2007 and continued until November of the same year, marked by increasing water temperature of the crater lake, an increase in seismic tremor, and changes color from green crater lake becomes turbid white. Status alert of Kelud Volcano issued by the Center for Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation since October 16, 2007 which implies the population within a radius of 10 km from Kelud mountain (approximately 135,000 people) who live on the mountain slopes to evacuate. However, the eruption did not occur.
Mount Kelut activity increased again since October 30, 2007 with a rapid increase in water temperature volcanic crater lake and shallow seismicity. On 3 November 2007 around 16.00 the lake water temperature exceeds 74 degrees Celsius, well above the normal symptoms of the eruption of 40 degrees Celsius, leading to faulty temperature gauge. Vibration amplitude seismic tremors with large (more than 35mm) lead inspectors have to evacuate, but again no eruption.
On February 10, 2014, Kelud raised its status to standby and then on February 13, at 21:15 PM announced the status of supreme danger, Caution (Level IV), so the radius of 10 km from Kelud summit to be emptied of humans. Only in less than two hours, at 22:50 was the first eruption of Mt Kelud and type of explosive (explosive). Type of explosive eruptions such as in 1990 (in 2007 the type effusive, in the form of magma flow) causing torrential rain enough gravel felt residents in the District of Ngancar, Kediri, East Java, the location of the famous active volcano is located, even to city Pare, Kediri. The District of Wates to be a place of refuge purposes residents living within a radius of up to 10 kilometers from the lava dome, as recommended by the Center for Volcanology, Mitigation, and Geological Hazard (PVMBG). The sound of explosions were reported heard at the city of Solo and Yogyakarta (within 200 miles from the eruption center), even Purbalingga (approximately 300 miles), Central Java.
Mount Kelud is one of the best destination objects for trekking tour in Java Island, Other interested site in East Java Province consist of :
- Mount Bromo Tengger National Park (the most popular tourism object, located in Cemoro Lawang, Ngadisari Village)
- Mount Semeru (the highest mount in Java Island which known as the best trekking arena for mountain trekkers, located in lumajang and Malang subdistrict)
- Kumbolo Lake Sunrise (the best camping place, located in Lumajang subdistrict exactly in Mount Semeru National Park)
- Songa Rafting Adventure (the most wanderful rafting in pekalen village of Probolinggo District)
- Papuma Beach Sunrise (a rocky beach with the sunrise appearance from the highest peak, located in Jember Regency)
- Madakaripura Waterfall (the historical and most wanderful waterfall, Between Mount Bromo Waterfall, still located closed National Park, located in Lumbang Regency)
- B29 Summit (the highest peak in Mount Bromo National Park which is has a similar altitude with Mt Semeru)
- Ijen Crater (the most wonderful crater in Java Island with Blue Flame Ijen crater appearance , located between Banyuwangi and Bondowoso Subdistrict)
Mount Bromo Tour Package from Surabaya, Malang and Banyuwangi :
- Mount Bromo Midnight Tour 1 Night 1 Day
- Mount Bromo, White Water Rafting Tour 2 Days
- Mount Bromo Milky Way Tour for Photography
- Mount Bromo and Semeru Trekking Tour 4 Days
- Ijen Crater Tour Package, Mount Bromo Trekking 3 Days
- Mount Bromo Madakaripura Waterfall Tour Package 2 Days
- Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour, Kumbolo Lake Camping 3 Days
- Mt Bromo, Songa Rafting, Ijen Crater Trekking Tour 4 Days
- Ijen Crater, Blue Flame and Mt Bromo Tour Package 4 Days
All tourism objects above have listed as a trekking and adventure arena and have visited by huge domestic and foreigner tourists in every season. There are still more tourism objects in East Java, Indonesia. For complete information about Mount Kelud Kediri Java Indonesia, tour package booking, tour package price, Accommodation and Mt Bromo Tour Package Combination, you can discuss your planning by contact Us here